Diner en Blanc returns to Los Angeles in November
“We are so excited to be back in Los Angeles, a city that truly revels in beauty, one of a kind epicurean events and top tier culinary experiences,” said Annette Dalloo, Los Angeles director of Diner en Blanc. “Angelenos will not be disappointed by this year’s top secret location as the backdrop for an evening filled with music, excitement and an amazing celebrity chef.”
Bystanders will witness groups of guests all dressed in white gathering at specific rallying points all across the city. Guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers, these groups will then converge on one of the Los Angeles’s most beautiful setting, travelling by foot/bus/public transportation. Every guest brings their own gourmet feast, table, chairs and table setting. Over the course of the evening, they will eat and celebrate amid music, entertainment and dancing.
The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. When at the end of the evening the trumpet sounds, guests pack up all of their belongings, pick up all their litter and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Registration to participate happens in three stages: Phase 1 (on sale 10/4) is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 (on sale 10/11) is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 (on sale 10/18) is for people who signed up on the waiting list: losangeles.dinerenblanc.info/register.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages. There will be no sales at the venue. As per Los Angeles alcohol laws/regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol
Facebook: Diner en Blanc - Los Angeles
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: